A couple of hours after the attack, Linda Ikeji fired back at the singer for his ‘childish behavior’. She took to her blog to address the situation by bashing the Starboy act, and also denied ever sleeping with any of Wizkid’s directors or anyone associated with him. It didn’t end there…Wizkid responded again via instagram. Well, here are the things we learnt from the saga so far:
1. Wizkid is not 25 years old…. “And no, darling, you’re not 25! We know your real age! Continue to have an amazing career while I watch and continue to celebrate you. Kisses”
2. Wizkid’s Porsche Panamera which he bought in 2013 for a reported N14M was bought on lease aka hire purchase.
Oh and by the way, did I mention that his Porsche car is also on hire purchase? Oh shit, I just mentioned that!
3. Linda Ikeji doesn’t get mad when peeps mock her for being single at her age..she is used to it.
“So my darling little ‘friend’ Wizkid came on my IG page this morning to blast me for writing yesterday that he was given quit notice at the Lekki home he claimed he bought some years ago, which he actually rented. He threatened to beat me up…called me an ugly old bitch…(I’m ugly? lol) says I don’t have a man (crying over that..) and called my mum a loser…(what a child).” “Anyway, all that don’t matter, people have said worse to me… But she plans to make it end soon!
” I live a celibate life..most of the time. (Though, that has to end soon…I’m getting old and missing out on that part of life…lol).””
4. Linda is team #NoSexTillYourWeddingNight I feel sex should only happen when you’re in committed relationship (that is if you can’t wait till marriage) and I recommend celibacy for a long as you’re not committed to someone. There’s absolutely no dignity in sleeping around and messing around with different men. It’s ugly and God don’t like ugly. So no, I’m not that woman, and will never be that woman.
5. Linda and Wizkid have never met “First and foremost, I’ve never met Wizkid one on one. I’ve only seen him once in real life on stage at a show a few years ago.
6. Wizkid once reached out to Linda for a mutual understanding “All I know is that his beef with me started a long time ago but he decided to start bashing me online after I refused a meeting with him. A few months ago, he asked his PR people to contact me, that he wanted to talk to me. For some reason, he thought I didn’t like him and I was hurting his image online. He wanted to see how I could write more positive things about him but I turned down the meeting.”
7. Linda is trying hard not to make friends with the entertainers in the industry “I am cordial with some of them…many of them I have never met. I try to stay away from gatherings where they are because the more friends you make in the entertainment industry, the less you can write. And that will inadvertently affect your work. The few ones that I call acquaintances, it’s hard to write about them because you feel you’re cool with them and even when you write, they call you to complain. So, the fewer ‘friends’ I have in the entertainment industry, the better my job will be.”
10. Despite all, Linda still thinks Wizkid has an amazing talent. “Not that I have anything against him, I sincerely don’t! I think he’s an amazing talent and one of the few music stars in Nigeria with a midas touch. So this wasn’t personal.